Thursday, March 1, 2012

Spring has sprung!

Been busy training for the first endurance race of the season, Spa City 6 hour, in Hot Spring two weeks from now. I'm getting really excited because I feel like the attention to detail in my training is really paying off (i.e. actual attempting to follow a training schedule). Due to the weather recently I haven't had a chance to do many long rides on the mountain bike. The only semi-race length ride I've done is the officially unofficial Tuff Guy ride in Oxford, MS last Saturday. The ride ended up being about 5 hours long and a little over 50 miles, about 25 on the road and 25 on the trail. Don't get me wrong, I felt tired after the ride but I wasn't slap worn out and never really cramped the whole ride regardless of the insane pace on some of the road sections. A roadie rode out and met us on one of the flats and the lead group of about 7 of us tucked in behind him, the paced kept getting faster and faster and I finally had to lay off the pace once they started hitting a steady 28+ mph. About 4 of the riders tucked in and staying on his wheel but eventually backed off once they got back in town.



Also got this sweet shirt afterwards...



Getting ready to start tapering down on the riding and spend some time working in my garden this weekend!

I'm starting to think Punxsutawney Phil may be wrong!! I think spring is here!

No comments:

Post a Comment